Event Date: 5:30pm, 5th March 2019
Location: Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport, Corballis, Dublin,
Ticket Price: €10
This high-energy seminar will see three of Ireland's leading food entrepreneurs share their journey success with the audience. Each will examine pitfalls along the way, key tips on what to avoid, what to embrace, and most importantly a recipe for making a food business profitable.
All three speakers are pioneers within their own category, each will share their success stories with the audience.
Local Fingal producers will also showcase their products at a networking event ahead of the seminar on the evening. This event is open to food producers, café and restaurant owners and other food stakeholders throughout Dublin.
This event is being led by LEO Fingal and is taking place on 5th March, 2019.
Note, the venue has been changed from previously advised due to the large number of bookings for this event. New venue Radisson Blu hotel at Dublin Airport.
Caroline Keeling is the CEO of Keelings. Keelings is a 100% Irish-owned family business which started producing fruits and salads on their farm in the 1930’s supplying produce to local Dublin markets and are now a leader within their category.
Tom Keogh is founder & Managing Director of Keogh’s Crisps. He covers the role of general manager for the Keogh family business which comprises of both potato growing & potato packing enterprises. In more recent years the Keoghs crisp brand has had strong success on both the domestic and international markets.
Country Crest has evolved into a progressive Agri-Food business, one that is recognised as one of the biggest suppliers and growers of quality potatoes and onions to Ireland’s key multiples. Their sister company Ballymaguire Foods is the largest chilled ready meal producer in the Republic of Ireland.
Alison Cowzer is co-founder of East Coast Bakehouse - a large scale food manufacturing business based in Drogheda Co Louth, producing a range biscuits for the Irish, UK and European markets. As an investor and Dragon, on RTE’s Dragon’s Den series, she has made investments in a number of start-up enterprises. A co-founder of The Company of Food, Alison also works with small group of High Growth Potential Irish Food SME's.
· 17.30 – 18.00 Registration/light refreshments and Fingal Producer Showcase
· 18.00 – 18.10 Welcome by Oisin Geoghegan, Head of Enterprise Fingal
· 18.10 – 18.20 Introduction and opening by James Burke
· 18.20 – 18.40 Tom Keogh Managing Director Keoghs Crisps “Innovation, Branding and Airlines”
· 18.40 – 19.00 Caroline Keeling, CEO of Keelings “Challenges to Opportunities”
· 19.00 – 19.20 Michael Hoey, Country Crest “Ready meals, sustainability and succeeding in food”
· 19.20 – 19.40 Allison Cowzer, TV Dragon and Food Entrepreneur “Food Start-Ups - Lessons Learned”
· 19.40 – 19.50 Q&A
· 19.50 – 20.15 Producer showcase and light refreshments